Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Ch-Ch-Changes

I'm sort of a stress basket.

Student teaching, graduating, no job, then a job, brother leaving on a mission, and sister moving to California, and first year of teaching ninth grade-- these are just a few of the changes that have happened over the last seven months. 

All of these hold such a weight because they mean that I'm plunging into a new phase of life. 

It's so hard.

SO hard.

But, I know that it'll be OK because I have a strong testimony. Jesus is my friend, and I know He will never leave me alone. I intend to keep my covenants and to cleave to eternal truth. This knowledge has helped me to understand that I can have peace with the upcoming transitions of life. For instance, my brother has one amazing, beautiful, kind, intelligent girlfriend. I love both of them dearly, and as a sister who's close to my brother, it's harder than I thought to accept that our relationship is changing because of this new phase.

I am not necessarily ready for that change or any other, but I know that Heavenly Father will help me to find peace through His word and also in His holy temple. When I attend the temple, I am reminded of the promises that I've made to the Lord and the promises He has made to me. I know that as I continue to keep my covenants and take opportunities to reach out in charity, I will receive all that Heavenly Father has in store for me. One aspect that I try to always remember is that the Lord needs me too-- He needs me to be worthy of the constant companionship of the Holy ghost. He needs me to be able to recognize revelation and act. He needs me, above all, to love others and stand for truth at all times, in all things, in all places. I am willing to do those things because I love Him. 

In the April 2016 General Conference, President Eyring addressed the priesthood brethren, and I know I'm not a brethren, but I found so much peace through his talk. President Eyring said something that hit me so completely. He spoke concerning YSA Elders saying, "In considering marriage, he will see that he is choosing the parents of his children and the heritage they will have." This prophetic wisdom has helped me to continue on the path to strengthening my relationship with God and His Son, Jesus Christ. 

During these difficult, but exciting transitions in my life currently, I find strength in my covenants and in the promises that Heavenly Father has made to me. How grateful I am for the knowledge that I have! I love the Lord! I am grateful that I have a Savior who understands me and gives me His mercy when I come up too short, who gives me His grace when I desire improvement.

President Eyring's talk here.

No comments: