Monday, May 11, 2015

Learn Wisdom In Thy Youth

I love going to church every Sunday. I love church because, I am blessed to partake of the sacrament and receive answers to life's challenges. Lately I haven't felt like I have been doing the best I can, and that happens sometimes. Waking up yesterday, I decided that it was a new day. I had the desire to go to church and to renew my covenants with the Lord. The little struggles of motivation I've had lately were addressed, and I really did receive answers. I am grateful that Heavenly Father blesses us with the answers and solutions we need as we put our efforts forward, become humble, and have a willing heart.

One thing that gives me a lot of peace is going to church early. I love to sit in the quiet chapel and think about my week as I prepare to take the sacrament. Yesterday I was there early, and I decided to look at the hymns. I forget now what hymn it was, but I noticed the scripture was in Alma, so I looked it up. God really does know the desires of my heart. I read Alma 37:35-40, which reads:

35 O, remember, my son, and learn wisdom in thy youth; yea, learn in thy youth to keep the commandments of God.

36 Yea, and cry unto God for all thy support; yea, let all thy doings be unto the Lord, and whithersoever thou goest let it be in the Lord; yea, let all thy thoughts be directed unto the Lord; yea, let the affections of thy heart be placed upon the Lord forever.

37 Counsel with the Lord in all thy doings, and he will direct thee for good; yea, when thou liest down at night lie down unto the Lord, that he may watch over you in your sleep; and when thou risest in the morning let thy heart be full of thanks unto God; and if ye do these things, ye shall be lifted up at the last day.

38 And now, my son, I have somewhat to say concerning the thing which our fathers call a ball, or director--or our fathers called it Liahona, which is, being interpreted, a compass; and the Lord prepared it.

39 And behold, there cannot any man work after the manner of so curious a workmanship. And behold, it was prepared to show unto our fathers the course which they should travel in the wilderness.

40 And it did work for them according to their faith in God; therefore, if they had faith to believe that God could cause that those spindles should point the way they should go, behold, it was done; therefore they had this miracle, and also many other miracles wrought by the power of God, day by day.

These verses gave me the council I needed. I want to let my thoughts and heart be directed to the Lord. I know that as I put my faith in the Lord and exercise my faith, I will know and follow the paths that the Lord has set before me, and I will become a better person and daughter of God each day.

As it was Mother's Day yesterday, the talks in sacrament meeting were about women and their divine nature. Those men were so inspired by the spirit. I knew that because their testimonies filled me with the love that God has for me. Sometimes, I am too hard on myself for falling short, very short, of perfection. I remember in one of the talks someone said, "It is okay that you aren't perfect because, you are so good. You are goodness." The men spoke about the influence women have in helping others to feel the love of God in their life, to become better each day, and to complete Heavenly Father's plan. I know that I have a purpose on this earth, and I intend to fulfill that in every way. I am grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ that enables me to become a Goddess someday to rule and reign with my husband. How great shall be my joy when I can stand before the Lord and tell Him that I did my best to love others and to help them become the daughter or son of God He knows they are!

I am grateful for a loving God who grants me His grace. I know that in the House of the Lord, I learn my purpose in eternity and my responsibilities, as well as my divine nature and role as a woman in His great and glorious plan. I know that Heavenly Father cares about me, and even the small things in my life. The Gospel of Jesus Christ brings such joy into my heart and helps me to know who I am and who I want to be.

Happy Monday!


No comments: