Thursday, February 20, 2014

forever & ever

Life has been so busy lately, and by busy, I mean doing homework constantly. Though this semester has taken it's toll, I'm grateful for the classes I'm taking. I am also grateful for the fact that in two years I'll be done done done! woohoo!

Today at work I thought about how I need to remember to do things that will bring me closer to God. It's not like I am doing anything bad, but I feel like I have been so focused on school work, that somehow I forgot to work on my relationship with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I felt bad that I haven't done so well at really studying my scriptures, or going to the temple, but you know, Heavenly Father knows me and the desires of my heart. Heavenly Father knows that I am not perfect.

On my way home from work, I was listening to "Danny Boy," and immediately running through my mind were pictures of my family. I just thought about my ancestors and my living family, about how grateful I am for their experiences and for the knowledge that I can live with them again. My heart is filled with peace when I think about seeing, hugging and being with my family again someday. I know that it's because of Christ, and me following His teachings, that I am able to have an eternal family. 

Learning about my roots is extremely important to me. I almost feel like I have a small piece of all of my ancestors inside of me. Because I have taken the time to learn about the lives of my ancestors, my life is richly blessed and I feel such great happiness knowing that I am a descendent of wonderful, humble, hard-working, beautiful people. Each time I read a personal story or experience, I feel like that small piece inside of me starts to glow. 

Cheers! Happy Weekend! Almost anyway...

love, Maddie Violet



No comments: