Monday, August 11, 2014

I know He lives, I will follow faithfully, my heart I give to Him, I know that my Savior loves me!

It's interesting to discover the different trials people go through or have gone through in their lives. For me, it's been a blessing to learn about my great-grandparents and how they faced tragedy and hard spots of life. Their lives give me peace and strength, and I'm so grateful for that!

The hardest trial and biggest blessing in my life has been my parent's divorce. I remember finding out that my parents were splitting up. I was seventeen. Life was bound to come crashing down, and it did. My heart was heavy with aching as we had to leave the home I grew up in. Worst fears are a real thing and mine came true. 

Although there were a lot of tears and sadness, my testimony grew stronger each day in that couple of years. I can remember one night where I felt especially burdened with heartache. I needed to know and feel that Heavenly Father is the father of my spirit, that he loves me and knew exactly how I was feeling. That night, as I began to pray, I couldn't. I was so burdened, but immediately after I addressed my Father, I knew He loved me very much, that He would always be there to comfort me, that He is the Father of my spirit. 

Many people wonder how I got through this trial and made it through coming out better than I was. The desires of my heart are turned toward the Lord, and my Heavenly Father. I love my Savior, and I know that He is my redeemer, that His atoning sacrifice was not only for my sins, but for my heartache and grief. I know surely that I have a Heavenly Father. Before I came to this earth, I lived with Him and He taught me and I felt His love. 

Though my past trial still burdens me once in a while, my heart is full of gratitude for the goodness of God, and the goodness of people. I am so grateful for the blessings in my life, some of the greatest being my family and my ward. 

My heart is so full! I love the Gospel, and I know that Heavenly Father knows the desires of my heart. As I read the stories of my great-grandparents, I am inspired by their faith through trials and tribulation. Someday I hope my children will find peace and strength through mine as well. 

The greatest joys in my life come from keeping my covenants and seeking for exaltation. I know Heavenly Father loves all of His children. When we keep our covenants, we can see others as Heavenly Father sees them and have a greater capacity to love and comfort others that are in the midst of trial. 

Happy Monday!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing! i love your sweet sweet testimony and this was definitely something I needed right now. Sure love ya!!