Thursday, August 21, 2014

The Temple is a House of God

Last week I received my endowment in the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. My heart was so full that day, and has been since that night. My testimony of a loving Heavenly Father grew stronger during that lovely session. I feel such a devotion to my Savior. My greatest desire is to do His will, and to make the choices that will lead me to live with my Father again.


I love my life and I'm grateful for the place I am right now. While many of my peers are getting married and starting little families of their own, I have been content with being single. You know, I am so glad I have been content because life would be a lot harder if I wasn't.


Well, as I sat through the session last week and soaked it all in, I thought to myself, "I want to be married to a worthy Priesthood holder who also desires exaltation." For the first time really I felt more of a desire to be married, but I also felt that I should work a little harder to make choices that will lead me to marriage. I don't think I'll be getting married anytime soon, but I should probably be better at putting myself out there a bit more.


I love my Savior. I love the temple. Tonight I went back to do initiatory for some names that I found and did baptisms for. I know that the power of the priesthood allows for the work of the dead to move forward. How grateful I am for the work of the Lord! It strengthens me and I feel an infinite love for my ancestors.


Happy Thursday! ... well, almost Friday.

1 comment:

tessfontanetti said...

So glad you loved it, Maddie! You're amazing. :)