Monday, April 13, 2015

My Mission-- His Mission for Me

Guys! I did it! I got out of my comfort zone a little bit tonight. FHE was tennis, and initially, I wasn't going to go, but I thought, "It's time to try new things." I'm grateful for my bishop's council. Sometimes doing new things is hard, but tonight it was more fun than anything. I'm not quite tip-top at tennis-- actually, clearly I'm a novice, but I enjoyed it! I also played some Frisbee, which was fun too. It's amazing to me to see how Heavenly Father blesses me even in the smallest aspects of my life. How I am grateful for His hand in my life! 

Heavenly Father knows me, and I feel that every day. Yesterday in Relief Society, we were asked to answer the question: "How has Joseph Smith's experience in the grove changed your testimony? What has it taught you?" For a moment I thought about Joseph Smith and how his experience in the grove testifies of a loving Father in Heaven. Joseph Smith's experience in the grove has helped me to understand that God has a plan for me, and a specific mission for me to accomplish while I'm on this earth. 

A couple days ago, I was talking with my mom and told her, "I cannot be mediocre in following Jesus Christ. I love Him, and I want to be His disciple." With my whole heart, I want to do what is right, and continue to feel the lasting peace and lasting joy that the teachings of Christ bring to my life. Lately I've thought deeply about the mission that I am here to accomplish. I know some things for certain:

I am a Daughter of God with a strong desire to raise a family in righteousness. Heavenly Father will never deny me blessings. I know that is true!

I have a work to do. My ancestors have sacrificed so much-- their testimonies buoy me up in times of trial. Their lives remind me of the great love that passes down through generations. When I reach the other side someday, I want to thank them. My heart is filled with gratitude and love for God's plan-- that I can be with my family again someday and rejoice in being together. 

I want to share the great message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am continually humbled by the goodness of God. When I think about the opportunities I've had, and the wonderful people in my life, I feel such devotion toward my Heavenly Father and my Savior.

I want to learn of the important responsibilities that I have in the Kingdom of God. I know that as I do my best to be the woman Heavenly Father knows I am, I will be an instrument in His hands in bringing many to the Gospel.

It is the greatest desire of my heart to be righteous.

In General Women's conference, Bonnie L. Oscarson spoke about making alternate plans if the ideal doesn't happen, but to always plan for the ideal. Here is my ideal:

I will be a wife to a man who loves the Lord, who desires eternal life, who wants to raise a family with me in goodness and righteousness.

I will be a mother. My sweet little darlings will hold all of my love, and I will sing to them, read them stories and study the teachings of Jesus-- they will feel His love. I will teach my sweet children to look toward the temple. I will tell them the stories of their ancestors-- how brave and courageous they were.

My home will be a sacred, lovely place where the spirit resides. It will be a house of order, a house of prayer, a house of study, a home filled with all the love it can hold. I hope it will be filled with laughter, singing, dancing, kindness, and conversation.

I will be a teacher. I will teach kiddos the important role and contribution they have in the world, because they are SO wonderful and intelligent. I want them to know how greatly valued they are. Teenagers need that. They need to know they are needed!

Anyway, that's my ideal. I believe that Heavenly Father will help me to accomplish my ideal plan. I know that He recognizes and knows the desires of my heart, and how grateful I am for that knowledge. I am glad that the Gospel is about progress, and that it's okay that I'm not perfect. 

I have a lot of faith, and it carries me. "I was led by the spirit, not knowing beforehand the things which I should do. Nevertheless, I went forth." 

So I'll go forth having faith and trusting Heavenly Fathers wonderful, perfect plan for me. Amen.

Happy Monday!


No comments: