Sunday, March 29, 2015

Who I am

The last couple of months have been difficult ones. My heart is heavy sometimes with burdens that seem placed perfectly square upon my shoulders. Last week I was having a particularly hard day, so I did what I always do, which is to pray. It's amazing to me that such a simple act opens the Heavens anywhere and anytime. Anyway, my discouragement weighed heavily upon me, and when I knelt down, I couldn't say anything. It was during that moment that I knew Heavenly Father was there-- He knew my heart so well that I didn't have to explain everything going on in my life. My Father wanted me to be still and know that He knows all of me. My heart was brimming with the spirit as I pictured my Heavenly Father embracing me, letting me seek His comfort.

I have a strong knowledge and belief that God isn't only a powerful being, but He is a Father, gentle, loving, and understanding. Carole M. Stephens taught, "Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ are perfect. Their plan for us is perfect, and their promises are sure." How true that statement is! Each day I am learning how my talents and knowledge fit into Heavenly Father's plan. I know that God needs me on the Earth for specific reasons, and I intend to obey all of His commandments so that I might be a vessel for filling, and an instrument for doing. 

My knowledge of the Gospel reminds me that I need to continue to progress through life by learning, sharing, loving, and doing. Recently I've thought a lot about the kind of mother I want to be, the kind of wife I want to be, but also the Daughter of God that I want to be. 

I want to be a kind, loving and gentle mother. I want my children to know that like their Heavenly Parents, I too will love them eternally-- it is a constant love. I want my children to know that I will comfort them in times of heartache and discouragement. I want my children to know that they can always come to me, and I will listen. 

I want to be a supportive, patient, kind, and loving wife. I want my husband to know that I love the Lord, and I intend to serve. I want my husband to know that I believe in the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I want my husband to know that I believe in the sanctity of marriage and the covenants & blessings that make a marriage worth the work and sacrifice. I want my husband to know that I will strive each day for progression toward eternal life, happiness, joy and peace.

I want to let my faith show. I know that within me is Divine Nature, which cannot be replaced or leave me. My Heavenly Parents are indeed my parents, and as their daughter I want to be true to them. My heart is filled with the desire to be righteous and to seek righteousness and to help others know just how important they are. 

So in spite of challenges and daily discouragements, I am going to stay close to my Heavenly Parents, and to Jesus Christ. I know that "Heavenly Father has a mission and plan for each of us, but He also has His own timetable" (Bonnie L. Oscarson). It is through increasing faith, and doing the little things that will help me to be who I am-- who the Lord sees me as. 

Happy Sunday!

No comments: