Sunday, March 1, 2015

a heart full of love & gratitude

Today my heart is full. Exactly one year ago, my Grandma Beth passed away. I have missed her every single day since. As I'm writing this post, I have an icy Dr. Pepper next to me, and a beautiful pink rose & lily flower arrangement sitting on the counter.

It's amazing to me that I think about her every day. I think about her and my Grandpa Jay together in heaven with their son and two beautiful grandchildren. Sometimes when I'm in my car and thinking about the horrible day I've had or the little accomplishments I have achieved, I know my Grandma Beth loves me.

When my parents were going through a divorce, things were tough, feelings were hurt and I was broken. Almost every day I went to my grandma's little condo in Belle Monet and cleaned or just watched television with her. We usually ended up ordering Chinese food from Fong's, or as she called it, Chang's. I remember one day I was feeling especially low, and she could see that. My Grandma told me that she knew things were hard on me, but Heavenly Father would help me get through it, and she would always be there to help. I was so grateful that someone was there for me, that she was there. But you know, that's the thing about my Grandma Beth-- she loves me no matter what.

My heart is full because I know that although she isn't here right now, my Grandma Beth is always with me and always comforting me or cheering me on. I am grateful that I can feel her with me everywhere I go.

I am glad that I have the same mole on my cheek. I am glad that she showed me the beauty of pink everything. I am glad that she showed me how to love others. I am glad that she loves me so much. I am grateful that I have a loving Heavenly Father who has a plan that allows me to be with my family again.

Happy Sunday!


No comments: