Friday, June 12, 2015

Father in Heaven

Yesterday I heard someone say that "Heavenly Father is like our father." I know that He IS my Father! My heart is filled with love for my Father in Heaven. The other day I was reading Gordon B. Hinckley's Stand a Little Taller. In one of the thoughts he writes, 

"Put on thy beautiful garments, O daughters of Zion. Live up to the great and magnificent inheritance which the Lord God, your Father in Heaven, has provided you. Rise above the dust of the world. Know that you are daughters of God, children with a divine birthright. Walk in the sun with your heads high. Know that you are loved and honored, that you are part of His kingdom, and that there is for you a great work to be done which cannot be left to others" (138).

I know that before I came to this earth, my Heavenly Father taught me about the responsibilities I would have here on Earth. I love Him, and that is why I want to do all I can to be true to my birthright. Each day I am trying to let my Divine Nature shine through. I know I'm not perfect, but I am trying, and Heavenly Father knows that-- He knows me and loves me! 

My heart is full every single day for a loving God who created me, gave me life and continues to fill my life with joy, happiness and peace as I stay close to Him and keep my covenants. No matter what, His love will never go away, never change-- it is eternal and everlasting! I feel His love even more as I make time to attend the temple.

How grateful I am for the temple which is the House of God! As I attend the temple with purpose and a prayer in my heart, I feel God's love for me and for His children. My spirit is home when I enter the doors of the temple.The temple gives me peace, but also helps me to understad the desires of my heart. I want exaltation. I want to live with my Father. I want to be there with my husband and children, my whole family. I know that Heavenly Father continues to prepare me for the things I need to accomplish in this life. A sure knowledge of God as my Father helps me to believe in myself and my capacity to do good; "to spread light and truth and understanding; to reach out to those in distress and need to help and bless them" (327). I have a grateful, believing heart. 

I love the Lord! I love my Heavenly Father! I desire to be a valiant servant in His kingdom! I want to do the great work that he has prepared for me!

Happy Friday!




No comments: