Friday, June 26, 2015

Knowing

My heart is full. I say that often, but I always mean it.

I am grateful for a testimony of Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.

With the new change of marriage laws today, I am so grateful that throughout my childhood and my youth, I have worked to strengthen my testimony of God's laws and doctrine. How blessed I feel to be able to discern from right and wrong. I believe in marriage between a man and a woman, but I also believe that every child of God deserves and has a divine right to be treated kindly and with respect. 

I have respected the beliefs of others, and in turn I expect the same respect from those who may not agree with me.

All my life, I have felt that I just know that God's plan is real, but as the world slips into an abyss far from morality, I must continue to act on my faith and continue to build my testimony. I do that by praying, reading and studying the scriptures, which are from God. I am not ashamed of my beliefs! I love the Lord! 

I am not perfect. I make mistakes. Yesterday I watched Friends and today I thought, "Why did I watch that? Yeah, the jokes are funny, but it condones behavior that I do not agree with. What does that mean? I don't want to be a mediocre follower of Jesus Christ. I want to be His disciple." With all of my heart, I want exaltation. I want to be with my Father once again, so I will keep trying to be the best I can. I will continue to hunger and thirst after righteousness. As a human living in this world, I will be tempted and make mistakes, but I can be clean again through the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I believe in the great gift of the Atonement. I know that repentance is not about shame, but about having a change of heart and coming to Christ, and being filled with His eternal love.

Although the world may say I am a fool, I know that Heavenly Father loves me, knows my heart, and has a wonderful, happy, perfect plan. Nothing and no one will ever lead me astray. As I put my faith in the Lord, I find that I am filled with peace, and a deep sense of the love that reaches from the other side, surrounds me, and buoys me up. Going to the temple helps me to understand who I am, but also God's plan, and His doctrine. Acting on my faith by trying to love others and Jesus would and studying the truths of His Gospel strengthen me.

I know that it is by living the Gospel as best I can and loving others that I am able to know.

How I love the Lord! How grateful I am for His atoning sacrifice that grants me eternal life! I know I have a Father in Heaven who is loving, merciful and offers me His grace!

Happy Friday!

1 comment:

Beka said...

Thank you for sharing your testimony and for living what you believe! What a great example you are :)