Friday, January 24, 2014

writing

In Academic Writing, my professor asked how many of us had submitted something for publication and I was one of the three out of fifteen that hasn't. At that moment, I felt a small pang of disappointment because this blog doesn't count. I love blogging, but it's not something that has to be submitted for publication. Professor Tanner said that I need to publish something, or start working on something to publish. You can only imagine my insecurity when he asked how many students are in the process of writing a novel. Again, I was part of the remnants without a hand raised.

So, I'm making it a goal to start writing everyday. Not necessarily here though. 

If any of you have writing tips, please give them to me. I want to write poetry, I want to write novels that mean something, I want to submit for publication even if I get rejected.

I have plenty of ideas, it is only a matter of where to begin, and how to begin. Should I enforce the dump truck method? I don't know.

Cheers from a gal who's finding joy in reading Helen Maria Williams. Happy Friday!

love, Maddie Violet

p.s. What do you read for inspiration?  Do you write? How? What do you write? Give me a lesson? 





No comments: