Monday, December 29, 2014

Six Word Memoir

What is a Six Word Memoir?
The story of your life written in six words.

Sometimes they are funny, and sometimes they are sad. 

“For sale: baby shoes, never worn.” –Earnest Hemingway
“I can’t keep my own secrets.” -Anonymous
“Mom taught me how to shave.” -Anonymous
“Evil bench stole my front teeth.” -Anonymous
“It’s our fiftieth—table for one.” -Anonymous

Here are some of my own Six Word Memoirs:
Minnie Mouse wouldn't cook the asparagus.
He’s the cooked fruit in love.
Reaching-- always reaching for the moon.
Gumption: fruition of closeted pep talks.
I am the leading lady here.

Some tips:
Six compelling words, not six syllables.
Use punctuation to your advantage.
Get rid of useless words.

Post some of your own Six Word Memoirs in the comments. I would love to read them! Happy Monday!

love, Maddie Violet











3 comments:

Spencer Chappell said...

Tried, failed. New path renewing hope.

danicapage said...

I liked yours. Thanks for sharing.

Maddie Violet said...

Just saw this and it's really good! I hope you're doing well!